Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Case or Skin?

• Total voters

macnewbieee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
guys i want to know if you use your SE naked with skin or with case?

i have dilemma here, i have leather skin and apple leather case..

i am very careful with my phone so i will/had never drop it.

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
I went with an iPhone 5s case from Apple because I try and keep all my devices the same color or at least similar. Having said that, I go with cases over skins because skins sometimes tend to peal or leave a residue. If it's a case and that gets scuffed or damaged, I just release the whole thing. rather then tinkering with the one side part of the skin that won't stay on or looks crooked. It's pretty subjective on what you like and how you feel about it.. after all it's your device. :)

macnewbieee

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2014
I went with an iPhone 5s case from Apple because I try and keep all my devices the same color or at least similar. Having said that, I go with cases over skins because skins sometimes tend to peal or leave a residue. If it's a case and that gets scuffed or damaged, I just release the whole thing. rather then tinkering with the one side part of the skin that won't stay on or looks crooked. It's pretty subjective on what you like and how you feel about it.. after all it's your device. :)

you got a point. i decided to go with a cases although it gives a little bit thickness into it. but thanks for the thoughts

Skin with a nice leather pouch.

maybe later bro, but thanks for the thoughts

Reactions: tkukoc

noahwetterman

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2016
I just got the otterbox case from the cell phone store. Defender, I think... and from another thread here, I just now ordered an amfilm glass protector-- $6, and its supposedly pretty good.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I wouldn't buy that case simply because of the shirtless jackwagon with the tattoos in the description.
:eek:I would not buy it because it looks like it would shred my pockets right off my pants. :confused: Still, I think it's cool it exists for those who want it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.