iphone silent mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b-real, Jul 9, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey all, I'm trying to get my iphone in silent mode, but the switch on the side doesn't seem to be working. Calls/alerts are still audible. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, when you switch to silent mode, is there any visual indicator of this on screen? Thanks!

2. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

when you switch to silent, an the ringer icon crossed out appears and then fades out. other than that, there's no indicator the phone is on silent other than the red dot at the switch. when the phone is on silent, i get no audible indications of incoming calls.

3. macrumors 6502

mine also vibrates when I turn it to silent

4. macrumors 6502a

You need to go into the settings and turn vibrate off for silent ring, if that's what you want.

5. macrumors 6502

it isn't :D

6. xela24678, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

macrumors regular

ok sorry it's super super late but I have this problem to. Gonna get it fixed though!:D I am gonna go to apple and let them take care of it. I called AppleCare and they said to do a restore to factory settings. I already did so they said that I need to make an appointment with the Genius Bar at my local Apple Retail Store and they will repair it. Which makes me think that it is a hardware problem. Call and see what they say to you