iPhone Sleep/Wake Button malfunction

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdusoccer12, Nov 9, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Hello I have an AT&T 32GB Black iPhone 5 and it seems that ever since the update to 6.0.1 my sleep/wake button does not work reliably. After numerous presses the button seems to work but it is extremely frustrating and I am not sure if it has anything to do with the update or if it is a faulty button. I am in the process of updating it to 6.1 to see if this will help. Thanks for the help!

2. macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I haven't had any problems with the sleep and wake button. Does it have a click to it when pressed? Where did you find the iOS 6.1 update??? :confused:

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it clearly clicks in and just nothing happens. I just find it weird that it happened to break around the same time I updated my phone but things happen so I understand. And I am a developer so I have access to the update.

4. macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Was just going to edit post and say you gotz the beta lol. My button is super loose but still works. If I were you I'd try a quick restore and setup as new and if it persists head to the nearest apple store... Good luck:D

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Well I have no clue what was wrong but it seems that updating to 6.1 fixed this problem. I will report back later if the problem comes back but as of now it works fine.