iPhone speakers will play music w/o headphones!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ero87, Feb 21, 2007.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

Jan 17, 2006
    New York City
    Hey guys,

Hasn't it been a mystery whether or not you could use the iPhone's speakerphone to play songs, liek a mini boombox? Well on this youtube video, at about 2:41, you hear Phil say "you can hear it coming out of the speaker." That means that the iPhone plays music out loud!

sorry if this is a lame thread, but it's exciting for me...:)
  2. Lau Guest

As exciting as it is (and I'm impressed by the external speaker on my SonyEricsson), I just know it'll be used on every single arsing bus and train journey I ever go on by a crowd of scummy kids to play their pumpin' choons, and for that reason my heart sinks. ;)
  3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    Exactly my thought as I read the thread title. On every morning and evening commute I make there's a gaggle of them playing said pumpin' choons so loudly that I can hardly hear my own iPod. Bring back National Service, I say. ;)
  4. Lau Guest

When I were young I had to make do with a needle and a cone of paper, and had t'spin vinyl in t'right time...
  5. nagromme macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    I'm very pleased... my iPod makes a great travel alarm clock--except I can barely head the alarm! Speaker = problem solved.
  6. SkyBell macrumors 604

Sep 7, 2006
    Texas, unfortunately.
    I remember I brought some speakers with my iPod on my bus one time... never did that again...
  7. dongmin macrumors 68000

Jan 3, 2002
    Hmmm, don't see too many kids being able to pay $500 US for the phone and another $60 US per month for the service. Unless of course, by "kids", you mean obnoxious adults...
  8. theLimit macrumors 6502a

Jan 30, 2007
    up tha holler, acrost tha crick
    More likely the over-privileged children of under-attentive parents.