Iphone stuck on Apple logo and loading circle.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 06awjudd, Aug 3, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi all!

Bought a faulty second hand iPhone :eek:. It came stuck in recovery mode, and while trying to restore to IOS 5.1.1 I kept getting error 1604.

I decided to restore to the current firmware (not sure if it's jailbroken or not) by downloading IOS 4.2.1 (unjailbroken). I thought this had worked as I got no error, but now it's stuck on the apple logo with the swirling loading circle :confused:

Any idea what I can do, or what is causing it?
    Or is it just a hardware issue:( ?

Thanks sooo much for any help whatsoever.

2. macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

If your phone is stuck on the loading apple of death, then your best shot is to try and get it on DFU mode with redsn0w and then jailbreak it.
    If you could restore firmware via iTunes and it only fails at the end, chances are the firmware was in fact, restored perfectly, but for some reason (I can't recall) it won't boot.

I had this happen to me on a friend's iPhone 3G and I used redsn0w and a combination of hard resets (hold power+home) and trying to get into DFU until redsn0w could finally recognize it and jailbroke it just fine.

3. macrumors newbie

Just do this

Press the HOME and LOCK button for about 15 seconds then let go the lock button and keep holding the HOME button it should go out of it!

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I'll try the jailbreak - good advice.

Sohailt00 - I know how to enter DFU mode ;) , but thanks for the advice.

5. 06awjudd, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay I jailbroke the iPhone on 4.1 with Redsn0w , and it went through the process fine, but then got stuck on the apple logo again afterwards.

I then tried to boot tethered and it got stuck on the pineapple logo :mad: .

Any other fix ideas?

Could it be a hardware issue?
    If so any diagnostics I could do?

EDIT: Fixed it! Turns out a semi connected cable #3 was the culprit, so happy!

6. macrumors newbie

how did you actually fix it?im having the same problem now..please reply asap.