Iphone stuck on recovery mode, i don't want to restore it to 1.1.3 though. HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andresico2, Jan 16, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

OK, so i've successfully jailbroken a couple 1.1.2 iphones, including mine. I was helping out a friend, did the whole routine, but once i tried to update i realized that I couldn't do it because it would update to 1.1.3.

I panicked, and unplugged it and now its stuck on the recover screen. I decided to try to restore it using 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 but I get an error screen, and cannot continue. i DONT want to restore to 1.1.3, what should i do?!!?:confused::confused:

2. macrumors regular

draperm25

try getting out of recovery mode like you did with (Windows) ibrickr (Mac)independence. Perhaps thats all you may need to do.

3. macrumors member

First try downloading the 1.1.2.ipsw restore file then put it somewhere you can find it on your desktop perhaps, next open itunes let it find the phone, then instead of clicking restore, you would press the shift key + restore and manually install the 1.1.2.ipsw file you just downloaded and let itunes do the rest.

4. macrumors newbie

try exiting recovery mode?

to exit from recovery mode download a program called iLiberty+ (for mac or windows)

then go to Advanced->Exit Recovery Mode

worked for me... i hope it works for you, too

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors 6502a