iPhone stuck on zoom in mode!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hecxs, Aug 19, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

I hear a reminder alarm on my iPhone and all of a sudden I look at it and the screen is zoomed in... EVERYTHING is literally zoomed in...even the apps, the games, every single screen. I have to hold my finger down to literally scroll down even to enter the user password to use my iPhone... I have to scroll down even to use the apps!

What the hell is going on?!:eek:

I tried turning it off, syncing with the laptop, hard reset...nothing works. My iPhone is not unlocked nor jailbroken BTW.

Please help.

2. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sounds like you inadvertently clicked on the accessibility settings. Just turn it off.

3. macrumors 601

4. macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

3 finger job

Just tripple tap with three fingers and it will fix :)

5. macrumors member

THANK YOU!

6. macrumors newbie

Yes thanks mate, I've had the same problem..

>Just tripple tap with three fingers and it will fix

This combination is really not obvious.. Bad design apple...

7. macrumors newbie

Zoom Mode

Tap screen twice with 3 fingers, this will take it out of zoom mode.
    Zoom can be turned off in universal access when connected to iTunes.

8. macrumors newbie

This accidentally happened to me this morning. I knew it was an accessiblity mode problem, but at least some of the time I couldn't even scroll the screen to slide the power on slider to the right to get started and when I did get into the phone, I couldn't scroll far enough down the settings window to select the accessibility pane. I was really pleased to find this tip!!

The 3 finger thing works, but accessibility mode itself is broken if you can't select buttons on the edges of the screen when the magnification mode is operational.

9. macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thanks so much. I accidently put my iPhone4 in zoom and thought I broke it, still new to the iPhone/iPod touch. I found this forum on Google and it helped so much I decided to make an account just to thank you guys.

10. macrumors newbie

Thank you! Great, easy fix

Wonderful thread. Thanks all!:)

11. macrumors newbie

Zoom mode

I'm new to iPhone and I thought my phone broke when it all of a sudden went into zoom mode! This forum helped so much I decided to register! I had an android for the longest time finally gave into the iPhone I'm lovin the phone and the support u can find on it in forums and the apple stores!

12. macrumors newbie

You ROCK!

Thank you for keeping this post around. I come straight here with any troubles and you just saved the day for me and my zoomed in phone! THANK YOU

13. macrumors newbie

Thanks to all

Two years later and iOS 6 and still baffled the heck out of me when my phone became useless for "no reason." Had to wait until I got home to get online and find this answer. I have turned off the zoom function via iTunes. There is no way I am going to remember about the tapping when it happens again.

So yes, bad design, Apple :mad:.

14. macrumors newbie

3 taps a charm

Thank you, thank you, thank you
    This has been a pain in the ---
    For so long and tonight I could not get phone to reset.
    You made my day with this info:)