iPhone support for Nike+ ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eme jota ce, Jan 22, 2007.

1. eme jota ce macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2005
    So far, all google searches and thread searches of this forum haven't provided much information as to whether the iPhone will allow use of a Nike+ device when released.

One blogger speculates that for marketing and durability reasons, we won't get Nike+ functionality:
    Not the answer I hope for, but reasonable and plausible, I guess.

Pogue's FAQ weakly dodges the question by setting up a straw man, answering this question in the negative "Will the built-in sensors replace the need of the Nike sports kit for tracking running data?"

Anyone have any insight or good links that point to whether we'll get Nike+ funcitonality with the iPhone?
  2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

May 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    No way in hell would I run with a $500 cell phone...
  3. weldon macrumors 6502a

May 22, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Well, I would take my cell phone running. You know, just in case. And if I spent $500 on an iPhone I certainly wouldn't have enough money left to buy a small, cheap phone (to swap SIM cards) or another line (to have a second phone).
  4. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    Hopefully this or the next phone will have GPS allowing us much more functionality for tracking etc.

Imagine a song that always plays just as you near home.
    Image a song that plays when you near a friend - a song specific to that friend.
    Imagine songs that change based upon your speed.
    Imagine a seeing days, months, weeks and years of plotted running, walking, bike movement.
    Imagine being able to pull up photos taken by your iPhone that are found by location and filtered by time.
    Imagine seeing playlists or tracks played by location, speed, etc colour coded etc

This is the future - hopefully Apple will be taking us there.
  5. eme jota ce thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2005
    I like that future. Don't forget the heartrate monitor, though. :eek: