Iphone sync "other" category

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shk718, Jul 9, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

every time i sync my phone on Vista - the "other" category in the capacity section of itunes seems to grow - its up to 40mb. does anyone know what this is all about?

2. macrumors 68000

FreeState

Other includes, but not limited to:

Safari Bookmarks
    Safari Cache
    Safari Cookies
    Contacts (including assigned photos)
    Text Messages
    Email that is downloaded to the phone (Yahoo push, many POP3 accounts)
    Saved settings for widgets (weather, google bookmarks, clock settings etc)
    Calendars
    etc...

3. macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem. Only mine was more dramatic. Yesterday afternoon i had a couple MB of Other, but last night when i tried to sync it changed to 4.5 GB and it deleted all my music, movies, etc. off because it said it didnt have enough memory. Any suggestions?

4. macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

It also stores your Album Art and music info. The only way to reset it (and why I use playlists) is to either restore or go to each tab, uncheck everything and sync, then re-check it and sync again...this will put all where its suppose to...kind of like a Disc Defrag.

Good Luck

5. macrumors 6502

if you uncheck all your applications, sync, recheck them all and sync again. do you lost all your data?? like high scores and etc??? :p

6. macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

For those that do not post online...yes. But it is the only way to reset your "other" data. Take the lesser of two evils, its up to you.

Good Luck