iPhone taking ages to 'erase and reset'

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lukesterh, Feb 22, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my iphone yesterday, but since it slowed it down too much, i decided against it and went on the erase and reset so i could wipe the jailbreak and just start again. It's been on the spinning lines icon for about 2 hours now, and im slightly worried, i didnt think this was normal? Any help? Thanks

2. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, it takes forever, but you shouldn't have done an erase all to get rid of the JB. Restoring would have sufficed. GLWT now.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't have access to a computer 2 hours ago, and I thought restoring was the same thing, silly me!

4. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, you may be okay, but many JB's that are erased all can't be restored after. Hopefully, you get lucky.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I got lucky. I hard reset it twice, now it's cancelled the Erase and reset, now I'm restoring in itunes as we speak.

6. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Say that after the restore. You still might get one of the dreaded errors after. Just sayin'.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

What type of errors are these?

8. macrumors P6

-aggie-

There's no reason to explain them all unless you get one. It'll have a 4 digit number associated with it, if you do