iPhone technology for the new iPods

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buymeaniphone, Feb 11, 2007.

1. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

So now that the iPhone is pretty much an updated iPod with phone capabilites, which features from the phone do you think will show up on the next iPods? I'm thinking touch sensitivity, wide screen and bluetooth to be a few features.

2. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

I'm hoping for WiFi over Bluetooth. Widescreen has to be a certainty, doesn't it? As does touch-sensitivity - I think they could knock the price down if they don't employ Multitouch tho. No real need.

Watched your video buymeaniphone (although a first read your screen name as buy-mean-iphone :eek: ). Congratulations on your new baby btw! But, maybe you could sell your Treo 650 (not offering to buy I'm afraid - poor student myself), and then you'd be a bit closer to your target... just a thought! Good luck :)

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think the touch screen will make it, although i'm thinking it might be a smaller display. also, i don't think wifi or bluetooth will find its way to the yet to be released ipods. hoping i'm wrong, though.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

No, the iPhone is not primarily an iPod. It is primarily a phone with iPod capability. It has less than 10% of the storage expected of an iPod.

Having said that, the iPhone's OS and UI are naturals to be the new face of the iPod. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth would seem to be no-brainers.

5. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

I'm hoping the next iPod will be a phone-less iPhone. Keep everything except the phone functionnality and hardware.

Give me iPod + Internet Communicator!