Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n00basaur

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Well, I was loading a page in safari and then EVERYTHING stoped working. I can't shut it off, battery won't say if it's charging or not, volume keys don't work. I've tried syncing it to try a restore but it won't even sync either. I've also tried holding the home button for a few seconds to force quit safari but no luck.

What should I do?

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
In the Bowels of the Cosmos
Well, I was loading a page in safari and then EVERYTHING stoped working. I can't shut it off, battery won't say if it's charging or not, volume keys don't work. I've tried syncing it to try a restore but it won't even sync either. I've also tried holding the home button for a few seconds to force quit safari but no luck.

What should I do?

You may have already done this but have you done a soft reset on it yet.

You do this by holding the sleep/wake button down while pressing the home button until you see the apple symbol in the middle of the screen.

Giies

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2007
My iPhone just got frozen this morning too while I was brownsing through the music. And then it jump back to the home screen and all 4 button at the bottom disappeared like it's nothing there and it froze , wouldn't let me do anything except turning it off, and it work fine when i turn it back on.

Meagan

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2010
Mine just did the same thing and I completely panicked because nothing worked, iTunes wouldn't detect my iPhone.
That worked, thank you so much. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.