Iphone unable to send text messeges to certain numbers!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ncsimmons03, Aug 19, 2009.

1. macrumors member

For some reason I have not been able to text certain verizon numbers since Sunday. My girlfriend is the main person I'm having this problem with and every time I text her I get the message, "error invalid number please re-send using valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code." She can send me texts and she can receive texts from any phone but an iphone. I say this because I have used my iphone, my brothers and also a friends iphone and all of them come back with the same message. if I use other phones it comes through just fine. I have searched and tired everything from reformatting my iphone, resetting network settings, deleting the contact info multiple times and ways, and I even had a new sim card put in. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem? :confused:

2. macrumors 604

jmann

Call AT&T and say "WTH?!". They can hopefully fix it, it might be on their end.

3. thread starter macrumors member

After trying just about everything I think the problem is with Verizon. I tried another phone, a nextel from sprint I believe, and it came up with an error saying the number was a landline and couldn't receive text messages. So who knows what's going on but I'm assuming it's nothing At&T caused at this point. I'm pointing the finger at Verizon

4. macrumors 604

jmann

Unless she blocked your/other numbers I don't see how that could be possible. I work for Verizon, and have never heard of a problem like this. :confused:

5. macrumors regular

you ARE including the area code everytime right?

delete your entire conversation with her, and try again, using all ten digits