iPhone Video Out

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by usasalazar, Jun 29, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

usasalazar

Anyone know if you can run video and audio out from the iphone?

2. macrumors member

haven't tried, but audio can definitely go out through the headphone jack or through the dock, and i would expect the ipod's video cables to work equally well with the iphone. however, the iphone dock does not offer s-video out like the ipod docks do, so i can't be sure.

why would you want to send the video out when you can watch it on the iphones beautiful display anyways?

3. macrumors regular

usasalazar

Would like to put the signal through to an LCD projector so i can share that beautiful image with a crowd!

4. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

One of the early reviewers, Pogue i think, said the iPhone has no video out... Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that it actually doesn't.

5. macrumors newbie

It's been confirmed many times that the iPhone lacks video output. I don't know why you would ask about the audio though. Obviously, the iPhone has a headphone jack.

I would love video out. I have a headset display from 22moo. It works great with my 5G iPod. It's a lot easier to use a headset display than it is to hold the screen up with my hand. I would even like to use the headset display for functions besides movies, such as reading PDF docs and reading web pages.

6. macrumors member

There must some type of event out or video out from the iPhone. I imagine that's how they were able to demo the unit in MWSF and WWDC.

7. macrumors 6502

the iphone dock also has a line out

8. macrumors regular

woodbutcher

I have a video dock for my video ipod, it connects via rca cable, it does not work at all with the iphone, but there has to be a way, the iphone that Jobs used in the keynote was connected and had the video out

9. macrumors newbie

Actually, I think I read that Jobs' presentation was a camera on his iPhone, and then a pre-canned demo that he kept up with, so it might not be video-out at all. You would think that a software update could give us video-out, though.

10. macrumors 6502a

I think we'll see an update that'll allow for this...just makes sense.

11. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Kind of. He said he had a 'special card' attached to allow you to see the demo on the keynote screen.

If you look at the iPhone he is holding it has quite a thick cable that seems attached to the phone on the back via a black card/patch. Obviously its not going to be a commercial product but used to show the keynote and was a one off.