Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nyuke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
Hi,

So today I was applying the invisible shield front and back covers. After I was done puting it on, I haad to adjust the front screen again and put solution again. After I finished putting it on, about half aan hour went by ancren would have this yellow fade of shadow on the corners like its the liquid solution from invisible shield that I assume went through the speaker because you have to use a card to remove solution under the front cover. Anyways, it was still working and booted up but then, it just stopped working and wouldnt boot up anymore. I tried manny times to boot it up and to charge, to plug into itunes and none of em worked and itunes didnt recognize it. The paper inside jackport is still white cuz no water went there. I used hair blower to blow out water. The screen has no more yellow water on the corners, but still wont work! I need advise as to what to do and if it will work again eventhough I tried to turn it on again couple times. Could that have shortened the circuits? PLease I need help as to what to do and if it will work again. I put it in a bag of raw rice and hoping if that will work.

GregGebhardt

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
Putting it in a bag of rice could help but I suspect that it is fried. You should have turned it off instantly when you realized that water had penetrated the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.