iPhone went into restore mode by itself

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mac Pro 5GB, Mar 12, 2008.

1. macrumors member

My 1.1.3 jailbroken iPhone just went into restore mode by itself sitting on my desk charging after I had just erased about 10 emails. I was working on my computer and all of a sudden iTunes booted and the message came up that my iPhone was in restore mode and it had to be restored before I could use it. It had been working fine for a long time with no issues when this suddenly happened.

Weird. Anyway I am now restoring to 1.1.4 and I guess I will Ziphone it and get my apps back.

Has anyone else's iPhone suddenly gone into restore mode by itself?

2. macrumors G5

jav6454

No, and maybe you missed pressed something by accident or the iPhone suffered a "Blue Screen of Death" type of situation, and that being said I am now scared because I ran away from a buggy stupid MSFT to become a happy virus, error and all sorts of bug free AAPL costumer.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Crazy, now I have restored and iTunes came up with the message that iTunes activations are unavailable at this time, try again later. WTF? I have never seen this before.

edit: I did not accidentally press anything, this happened without interacting with the iPhone at all.

4. thread starter macrumors member