iphone white bars/black bars?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duhyes, Jan 6, 2013.

1. macrumors member

On my iphone it has black bars like in the carrier/wireless areas.
    I was wondering how do you get the white one?

[​IMG]
    http://i.imgur.com/FO0KI.png

That picture has the white bars and the connection bars are blue and the E is blue how do you get the white bars instead of black?

2. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I think what you're asking is purely dependent on the current screen. Apple made it to where the status bar now tries to mimic the color of the current window you have open. Mine are white whenever I'm in the home screen, but in the settings screen like you, it looks like you're picture.

3. thread starter macrumors member

no im talking about the homescreen this picture was from reddit images so i just took it, mine are black when in homescren

4. macrumors 6502

numberforty1

black? weird? how do you even see the bars if they're black..

5. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I'm not going to show my home screen right now but this picture while I'm in Safari is how my status bar looks on my home screen as well, but not while in settings.

Attached Files:

6. macrumors member

Older iOS.

7. macrumors regular

That's just how apple believes the status bar should be. Dark and out of the way when in certain apps and "white" and vivid when in others.

The only way you can get it to show black all the time is through jailbreaking and modding some files.

8. macrumors 65816

The status bar in your picture was used up until iOS 5. Since iOS 6, the status bar is black and white.