iPhone will not connect to 3G network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cooldaddybeck, Jul 23, 2008.

1. cooldaddybeck
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

So, my wife's iPhone works like a charm. Full signal, says "3G" next to the signal indicator. It will also show "E" for Edge connections.

My iPhone, right next to hers, has 1 bar or no signal and I have not yet seen it connect to 3G. No Edge indicator either, and I am unable to access any email/internet content unless I am on WiFi.

Is anyone familiar with this? Do I need to go get my iPhone swapped?

tx

****EDIT****

I'm on the phone with Apple/AT&T, here's what happened:

My iPhone did not have the iPhone data plan attached to it, therefore preventing it from accessing 3G and (apparently) Edge.

They are changing that now and I should be up and running shortly. I'll post a follow up in a bit.

2. montecarloss919
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Call AT&T

I had the same problem, at ask them for a booster? idk what that means but it worked...or you could bring it to the store and have them check the sim card...it could be faulty

3. cooldaddybeck
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

Is the booster something they do virtually or a physical device to pick up at the store?

thanks,

cdb

4. cooldaddybeck
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

All better. Adding the data plan to my iPhone, which I was told was added upon activation, took care of the issue.

:0)