iPhone won't sync with iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ero87, Oct 15, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

ero87

I plug my iPhone into my iMac - the electric charge is recognized, as it begins to charge.

it's recognized in iTunes. I hit "Sync". It says "syncing iPhone" for a while, then the iPhone resets. No Syncing has occurred.

Anyone else have this issue? Ideas?

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

::bump:: please, any ideas?

3. macrumors 6502a

al256

4. macrumors 65816

chr1s60

Is your phone hacked? Have you tried restarting your computer and your iPhone? I have found that a majority of problems that happen with iPhone can be solved with a simple reset.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

hmm no, it's a consistent problem (even after restarts).

Thanks for your ideas... anyone else have some thoughts?

6. macrumors newbie

unlocked iphone

not sure if people are still looking for a solution or not, but this is what works for me...

i've found that unlocking a first gen iphone i acquired here recently allowed me to sync after I removed the sim. once iTunes was happy with the sync, i put the sim back in and i had a fully sync'ed calendar, contacts, mail and so on. removing the sim every time is somewhat annoying, but without having it be legit and upgrading to the iPhone 2.0 software that iTunes is trying to shove down my throat, it's the only solution i've found.

7. macrumors newbie

thank you!

I have been so frustrated, until I tried taking out the sim card. THANK YOU. It is working so far!!!

8. macrumors newbie

iPhone won't sync with iTunes

No problem.

I have since upgraded to the latest firmware so sync'ing and Pwnage Tool are still holding strong so far. Installations of Cydia (any/all apps provided within), Winterboard, Summerboard, etc. are all still a go. I am assuming your iPhone is jailbroken obviously.