Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codenamecueball

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
The what? The yellow screen of what? Well, fear not! I am bringing news of a plight on our shores!

One thing I do every night is put my iPhone 3G on charge. Why not?, battery lasts 20 seconds anyway.
So one night, the plug goes in and BOOM. Screen goes yellow, phone unresponsive. Try hard reboot.
Nothing.
Try another charger.
Nothing.
Try a laptop.
'iPhone is stuck in recovery mode'
Shi....
"The iPhone could not be restored"

Oh bugger, I thought.
I take my (now booting, piece of rage) to the Apple store. Nice man gives me a new phone out of warranty because no bettery information was being recorded.

Fast forward to tonight.
Plug in the phone.
Hit the power button (battery was dead)
YSoD appears!
iPhone used CHARGER!
It's not very effective!

Disconnect, hard reboot, apple logo, on power, onto safari. Write these words for you all.

So I pose the question, any of you had a Yellow Screen of Death?

Varcula

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
I always have this problem when i put my iPhone on charge. And i know how to fix this.

But 1st i will explain you why this happens (at least to me this is what happens) :

When put my iPhone on charge and it's battery is dead it always gets yellow...
If i put my iPhone to charge when it is opened sometimes it doesn't charge. I need 1st to connect my iPhone to charger then to turn it off. After that it will charge.

YSoD is not the same thing as BSoD (Blue Screen of Death in Windows) . BSoD is more dangerous than YSoD so you don't have to worry about this.

Now let's learn you how to fix it :

You connect your charger to your iPhone and YSoD appears. You just have to press Power and Home button like 8 seconds (or until YSoD dissapears) then let your iPhone turned off. It will still charge. If it doesn't do the same thing i told you but now with your USB. Connect iPhone to PC and the YSoD will appear. Press Power and Home button until YSoD dissapears and then let him charge. Do not turn on your iPhone next 5 minutes. Let it charge at least 5% of the battery. And voila : The YSoD problem fixed. Hope i helped :)

krazie4iphone

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2010
I always have this problem when i put my iPhone on charge. And i know how to fix this.

But 1st i will explain you why this happens (at least to me this is what happens) :

If i put my iPhone to charge when it is opened sometimes it doesn't charge. I need 1st to connect my iPhone to charger then to turn it off. After that it will charge.

YSoD is not the same thing as BSoD (Blue Screen of Death in Windows) . BSoD is more dangerous than YSoD so you don't have to worry about this.

You connect your charger to your iPhone and YSoD appears. You just have to press Power and Home button like 8 seconds (or until YSoD dissapears) then let your iPhone turned off. It will still charge. If it doesn't do the same thing i told you but now with your USB. Connect iPhone to PC and the YSoD will appear. Press Power and Home button until YSoD dissapears and then let him charge. Do not turn on your iPhone next 5 minutes. Let it charge at least 5% of the battery. And voila : The YSoD problem fixed. Hope i helped :)

okay i have this problem as well other maybe you can help aswell iphone was given to me by my brother......yellow screen happen to me.as well when it went on the phone icon wasnt there volume worked fine went i text but when it came to call someone couldnt hear ish would you be able to help?:confused:

Sanj1000

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2011
basically my music and video app wasn't working so i tried to restore my ipod and it wouldn't let me so i restored it from the ipod by erasing all and now it is stuck on the apple logo i can not get it off can anyone please help

koohc

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2012
annoying YSoD!

The what? The yellow screen of what? Well, fear not! I am bringing news of a plight on our shores!

One thing I do every night is put my iPhone 3G on charge. Why not?, battery lasts 20 seconds anyway.
So one night, the plug goes in and BOOM. Screen goes yellow, phone unresponsive. Try hard reboot.
Nothing.
Try another charger.
Nothing.
Try a laptop.
'iPhone is stuck in recovery mode'
Shi....
"The iPhone could not be restored"

Oh bugger, I thought.
I take my (now booting, piece of rage) to the Apple store. Nice man gives me a new phone out of warranty because no bettery information was being recorded.

Fast forward to tonight.
Plug in the phone.
Hit the power button (battery was dead)
YSoD appears!
iPhone used CHARGER!
It's not very effective!

Disconnect, hard reboot, apple logo, on power, onto safari. Write these words for you all.

So I pose the question, any of you had a Yellow Screen of Death?

itz so annoying! it happened to me 3 times now i am on the fourth and it not turning back on! not happy!

varex14

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2012
helpful tip should try if any1 has this problem

hey i m from fiji islands and i read that comment and it helped me fix my iphone 3g thanks alot

bilalways

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
you r the best varcula

I lOVE u

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.