Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sshand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Perth, Western Australia
Hello World..This is my first post.. Yes another Aussie..

Well not sure if this is old or new. Just saw over the weekend saw news that Ericison is threating to pull out of the Sony Ericison deal. The promo showed the Sony rep flashing about the P800, what a very cool device. So not sure where this leaves things.

On another note Nokia has confirmed it will be supplying its software to Samsung.

How does this affect Apple, well who knows!! But shows the IT/telco industries are doing it hard..

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
probably not at all , apple won't be diving into such a nokia / sony /ext dominated market

and dude do you have AIM

sshand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Perth, Western Australia
I do have OS10.2, so I have iChat (AIM). I'm a switcher, tho I did start out with an Amiga years and years ago...(they had the best graphics back then). But glad now to be with Apple..

aznatari

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2002
NJ
iPhone is not going to happen. Apple will certainily not dive into the phone market. Too bad for Mac users.

atari

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Originally posted by aznatari
iPhone is not going to happen. Apple will certainily not dive into the phone market. Too bad for Mac users.

atari

Jobs was quoted in an interview talking about his intrest in getting into "next generation cell phones"

-evildead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.