Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seltzer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
Hello everyone,

Ever since I updated my iphone6 to Ios10, the phone goes in vibrate only mode at random times. I dont know what triggers it and I lose calls that way cause I cant hear them. Is it a bug of some sort or is there a combination I bring about somehow that triggers the vibrate only mode (no ringing)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Seltzer

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps silent mode gets enabled (either via the switch on the side or some other way)? Or DND gets enabled? Have you tried restarting? Perhaps changing the ringtone? Is it happening for particular calls only?

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I've had this happen on my 6s but with calls going directly to voicemail. The phone is right beside me and the phone doesn't ring. Then a little while later another call will ring through.

Seltzer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
The issue appears randomly and a restart fixes it. The phone vibrates but does not ring. So if I am not near it I do not accept the call and miss it. I have checked and the button on the side is not set to silent mode. I am wondering if it is a bug or there is some sort of movement/touch combination that triggers the silent mode?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.