iPhoto '06 BIG file structure problems! Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kwajaln, Feb 2, 2006.

1. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

I have had iLife '06 for a couple weeks now and overall i love it. However, I have run into some problems with iPhoto. A few days ago, I noticed that when I tried to open some photos within iPhoto, I got a gray square that said something like "photo could not be located". Last night I rebuilt my iPhoto library and while the same photos would open, I encountered another problem. Going through Finder to the iPhoto Library - it is totally different! It's the same to the year folders (2005, 2006, etc) but in those folders it's completely different. For example, I had day folders in the 12 (December) folder for almost every day. Now there are only two! And there is an "Originals" folder in the iPhoto Library folder that is now showing folders like "roll 11", "roll 28" etc with no dates. What the heck is going on??? :confused: :confused:

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Anything left over in those 'old' year folders is images that were probably in your deleted file etc.

Your structure has now been changed. There's a folder called something like Data (on a PC at the mo) and under that you'll find your years, and then your roll names/numbers.

There's no more month/date... just year/roll

Hope that helps!

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm on a PC too :(

I think the new folders mentioned above are called Original and Modified in your main iPhoto Library folder. Inside each of these should be a list of years. Inside the years a list of rolls.

4. kwajaln thread starter macrumors 6502

kwajaln

Thanks for the tips and I'll look into that when I get home this evening.