Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
My iPhoto is becoming less and less responsive and I am hoping that someone here can help me with a few suggestions. I have two issues and some ideas.

Issue #1: Every time that I open iPhoto preferences the app freezes and I have to force shut it down.

Issue #2: The places feature, even though I imported a pseudo fix by another member, is super slow and makes it perform slowly

My ideas:

1. Remove the Faces feature completely

2. Remove the Places feature completely

3. Pare it down to the point where it is a basic photo library manager since I don't use any of the extra features. So I want to also remove the following: MobileMe, Facebook, Flickr, Email, Book, Calendar, and the Card options.

I can do some of these things through iPhoto Preferences, but since I can't open it without the app freezing, I need some assistance for safe removal of these features or at least clarification on what I can/cannot do. Thanks in advance!

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
I could not find a way to remove the sidebar items like the Faces and Places, but the other items as far as Facebook and mobile me was easy. I think the MobileMe was what was causing it to freeze when I opened the preferences but now it works perfectly. I also stopped searching for shared libraries, and stopped sharing mine and now it loads pretty quickly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.