iPhoto 4 compatibility with iPhoto 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajnadershahi, Jan 27, 2004.

1. ajnadershahi macrumors newbie

I received CD's created with iPhoto 4 and can't open or import them on my iPhoto 2 system. The solution provided by Apple's solution article 93607 is "For compatibility with iPhoto 4 library CDs and DVDs, upgrade all your computers to iPhoto 4."

This is a joke, right? It seems incredible that it is the only answer that Apple can come with. Has anyone else figured out a way around this silly limitation?

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

the photo libraries are not backward compatible, I have been told there is no way around it....would be nice if there were

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Re: iPhoto 4 compatibility with iPhoto 2

The pictures are JPEGs. Just how hard is it to reconstruct your libraries in iPhoto 4?

4. ajnadershahi thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Re: iPhoto 4 compatibility with iPhoto 2

It's the other way around. several hundred photographs are first sorted and cataloged into separate groups, then burned to disk via export in iPhoto 4 to retain the structure, which then we are trying to import into iPhoto 2. It's not something that is easy to do manually with every session.