iPhoto 5 Book Creation MAJOR PROBLEM!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stoid, Jan 22, 2005.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I just installed iPhoto 5, and wanted to test out the book making feature using a bunch of photos I took on a trip to Taiwan just over a year ago. I selected automatic layout, and a few pages in the thumbs showed 'missing' photos with the little exclamation point yellow triangle. However, whenever I clicked onto any page (or neighboring page to) one of the pages with the error, iPhoto crashes all the time!

Did something go horribly wrong with my iPhoto installation? Or is this just a HUGE bug in iPhoto 5. For the record, I'm using the latest version of Panther.

2. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I get the yellow exclamation thingy, but not the crash... Looks like iPhoto needs an update too... iMovie HD won't let me "share" my movies - keeps coming up -error 43...

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Not sure, but the question comes to mind is this an actual retail box product that you got from a store. Reason why I ask is that I have gotten a couple emails from some Mac friends that had some issues with iLife 5; but it was gotten through other means.

4. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Not sure about anyone else, but I ordered mine from Apple... iLife 05 has been very buggy for me so far, to say the least...

5. GrannySmith_G5 macrumors 6502

Weird, I played around with the book for awhile and all seemed fine. The exclamation points are just warnings that the image is of low resolution aren't they? Haven't noticed any bugs in iLife yet, but Pages has froze up on me 2 of the 4 times I've used it so far.