iPhoto 6.0.5 Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alywa, Oct 9, 2006.

1. alywa macrumors 6502

Ever since last weeks update, iPhoto has been a nightmare for me.

First of all, the facts / specs. I have a rev B iMac 20' G5 with 2GB RAM. I shoot with a Canon Rebel XT. I've had no problems with this setup until last week.

The problem: My pictures import fine, and I can do light editing work with iPhoto itself. The issue arises when I use PS Elements 3 as my external editor. When I save the picture after editing, it causes iPhoto to crash. (shuts down and gives me the quit/relaunch/report screen). When I reopen iPhoto, the picture in question cannot be opened for editing... it causes iphoto to crash again. I can revert the picture to original, and it fixes the situation, but then I've lost my editing.

I've tried saving the iPhoto project to the desktop, then re-importing. This worked with one picture, but not others I've tried.

This is a really lame situation, and I did send a few error reports to apple about it, but it is making my machine unusuable for photo-editing. Is there any way to go back to an older iPhoto 6?

Thanks in advance,

alwya

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Alwya, I just found this forum searching and wanted to bump it. How is your setup doing now?

My situation is somewhat similar...

First, my hardware and software are *very* similar: iMac G5 rev B 17", 1.5 GB, 10.4.8, iPhoto 6.0.5, PSE3, Rebel 300D.

I had actually never installed iLife 06 -- it was included in the purchase when I bought this iMac from Artful Dodger, but I never really bothered and had been using 05. I just finally installed it, and ran all the updaters. Ever since then, iPhoto has been insane! It crashes rather a lot in a variety of innocuous situations like playing a slideshow.

Did you ever resolve your iPhoto issue?