iPhoto 6.0.5 Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alywa, Oct 9, 2006.

1. alywa macrumors 6502

May 6, 2004
    Ever since last weeks update, iPhoto has been a nightmare for me.

First of all, the facts / specs. I have a rev B iMac 20' G5 with 2GB RAM. I shoot with a Canon Rebel XT. I've had no problems with this setup until last week.

The problem: My pictures import fine, and I can do light editing work with iPhoto itself. The issue arises when I use PS Elements 3 as my external editor. When I save the picture after editing, it causes iPhoto to crash. (shuts down and gives me the quit/relaunch/report screen). When I reopen iPhoto, the picture in question cannot be opened for editing... it causes iphoto to crash again. I can revert the picture to original, and it fixes the situation, but then I've lost my editing.

I've tried saving the iPhoto project to the desktop, then re-importing. This worked with one picture, but not others I've tried.

This is a really lame situation, and I did send a few error reports to apple about it, but it is making my machine unusuable for photo-editing. Is there any way to go back to an older iPhoto 6?

Thanks in advance,

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Alwya, I just found this forum searching and wanted to bump it. How is your setup doing now?

My situation is somewhat similar...

First, my hardware and software are *very* similar: iMac G5 rev B 17", 1.5 GB, 10.4.8, iPhoto 6.0.5, PSE3, Rebel 300D.

I had actually never installed iLife 06 -- it was included in the purchase when I bought this iMac from Artful Dodger, but I never really bothered and had been using 05. I just finally installed it, and ran all the updaters. Ever since then, iPhoto has been insane! It crashes rather a lot in a variety of innocuous situations like playing a slideshow.

Did you ever resolve your iPhoto issue?