Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmapples

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
why does it seem like iphoto crashes more than it should on my mbp? are there any bugs or patches i should be looking for?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It's pretty stable for me. Are you doing anything specific before it crashes? Does it just quit on you, or does it freeze? Does it give any feedback? :)

mmapples

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
yeah i ran software update. it seems pretty random; sometimes it'll just shut down and ask me if i want to reopen it or report the problem to apple.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Maybe try dragging com.apple.iPhoto.plist to the Desktop. This file keeps all your customised settings so they'll be lost once you remove it from the Preferences folder. However, if it doesn't help, you can put it back where it was and retain all your old settings. :)

irishone

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2006
same problem

mmapples said:
why does it seem like iphoto crashes more than it should on my mbp? are there any bugs or patches i should be looking for?

wondering if you ever figured out a solution to this. iPhoto 6 crashes on me any time i edit a photo, then exit edit mode. so frustrating!

upsetmac

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2006
iPhoto Crashes

As a MAC user, what I came across was that I can download my Digital (only) photo's without any problems. I can Export the photo's to my Pictures folder, made the adjsutments using either Adobe Photoshop or Elements 2. The adjustments are made, pics saved. I have renamed and left the exisiting name alone, it will still crash. It seems that when you make any type of adustments or rename the file w/o making adjustments, iPhoto will crash on you when you try to Import these pictures. :mad:

For those who have MAC's and use Tiger, I found by creating a Burn Folder (in your Pictures Folder) will work, that's if you do not mind having to burn to a CD/DVD. Forget trying to Import to iPhoto, it will crash, QUIT, (whatever you want to call it) if you try to Import the folder. :mad: :mad: The pics I shot, I wanted to make a DVD of them!!:mad:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
upsetmac, it shouldn't be acting like that. However, rather than exporting and reimporting your photos, maybe try setting the iPhoto Preferences to edit your photos in a separate application (Adobe Photoshop or whatever). Try this to see if it works better. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.