iPhoto 6 "fullscreen compare" feature

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macOSX-tastic, Apr 3, 2006.

1. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

hey guys,

just an enquiry really into the fullscreen "compare" feature of iPhoto 6. when i click compare, it ust comes up with two pictures.....the original and a completely different picture. is it not supposed to show the original, unedited version of the photo, next to the one your playing about with?
    (both the same photo).

or is this feature designed for dupicate photographs?

S

here's an example of what im talking about if i havent explained clearly enough:

Attached Files:

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No it's meant to allow you to compare 2 (or more) very similar pictures from the same shoot. So if you have taken 3 or 4 pictures of the same thing with different settings you can see them all together and choose the one you like best. You can get more that 2 images by selecting the ones you want then hitting compare.

3. enckwanzer macrumors member

I believe it's for duplicates. From what I've seen in demos & tutorials, you're encouraged to duplicate your photo and then edit the duplicate. Of course, you can always hold down the control key when editing a photo to flash back (temporarily) to the original. I find that feature almost as handy as "compare."

4. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Thank you, I could not for the life of me find out how to compare more than 2 photos at a time, now I know how. :)

5. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

As the others have stated it is for comparing duplicates or near duplicates, but I like your idea too. I hope Apple includes that feature next time. That would be really handy. I know you can hold control and toggle back and forth, but seeing the two side by side would be really great. Maybe you should submit that idea to Apple.

6. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

On a somewhat unrelated note, I discovered recently that there are keyboard shortcuts for zooming in/out in iPhoto:

pressing "1" zooms the photo to 100%
    pressing "2" zooms the photo to 200%
    pressing "0" zooms out to fit the photo inside the window

Just mentioning it in case it's useful for someone else...