iPhoto All Screwed Up!!!?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by swahilibill, Jan 16, 2003.

1. swahilibill macrumors 6502

I have been using iPhoto with my Fuji Finepix 3800 for a while and it has been great. However, the other night my computer froze when I was importing pictures, and I had to force shut down my computer and the camera. Here is where the problem lies: iPhoto when it opens does not show or recognize any of my photos in my library, thankfully i have them backed up. What do I do to fix this, do I reinstall iPhoto, which I cannot find anymore on Apple's site. Should I delete preferences?, and help would be most appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

2. swahilibill thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is a screenshot of what is going on!!!

Attached Files:

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'd try trashing the prefs first. You can find the file at yourhomedirectory/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iPhoto.plist

The next time you launch iPhoto it should regenerate its prefs, then try reimporting your images.

4. swahilibill thread starter macrumors 6502

I just backed up the folder containing all of my images and do I just put that folder into the other "iPhoto Library" and when it asks me to replace it, do I say yes?

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

That could work, but usually I use the import function in iPhoto to browse to the folder of images you backed up.

Try it both ways and see what happens. :)

6. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr