Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cloud9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
between flesh and thought
I am reposting this at the suggestion of applespider in this forum.

So last week I posted in the design and graphics thread a question on how to increase performance on my computer for photo editing. I am running a Pb g4 1.33 with 1 gb of ram. And I notice when ever I transfer photos on cf card reader that EVERTHING slows toa crawl. So I opened activity moniter and saw that iphoto was using upto 95% of my cpu. After all the pics transferred I closed Iphoto and reopened it. With iphoto just sitting open not doing anything but exisiting as an open application it used between 50%-80% of my cpu.

Is this just a fact of G4 life? I cant buy up right now.

Thanks

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cloud9 said:
I am reposting this at the suggestion of applespider in this forum.

So last week I posted in the design and graphics thread a question on how to increase performance on my computer for photo editing. I am running a Pb g4 1.33 with 1 gb of ram. And I notice when ever I transfer photos on cf card reader that EVERTHING slows toa crawl. So I opened activity moniter and saw that iphoto was using upto 95% of my cpu. After all the pics transferred I closed Iphoto and reopened it. With iphoto just sitting open not doing anything but exisiting as an open application it used between 50%-80% of my cpu.

Is this just a fact of G4 life? I cant buy up right now.

Thanks

Don't know. It takes no CPU usage with mine. Is it only when the card reader is attached? Does it run normal any other time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.