Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zaid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
London
Hiya guys

I've just done a slideshow in iPhoto and am trying to put it into an iDVD project.

I've tried finding the slideshow using the media selection drawer pane in iDVD but no luck. I've got a work around by exporting the slideshow to a movie then importing it into iDVD, though there must be a better way of doing it. Anyone have any ideas?

On an unrelated iPhoto question, is it possible to copy an iPhoto book layout from one machine to another?

Zaid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
London
DeSnousa said:
In iPhoto go File > Share and click on the Quicktime tab to export as a movie. Then you can add the movie to iDVD :)

Yeh like i said this is what i am doing, just wondering if there was a better way. Like when you want to import an iMovie project you select it from the media pane within iDVD and attach.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
yeah, you shouldn't have to make it a video to put a slideshow in iDVD. In fact, I would guess that this would result in a lower quality finished product. I am not on my home system or I would look it up for you, however, if you can't find it in the media pane, can you simply put yout iDVD window in outline mode and drag your slideshow over into it from iPhoto?

Zaid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
London
decksnap said:
yeah, you shouldn't have to make it a video to put a slideshow in iDVD. In fact, I would guess that this would result in a lower quality finished product. I am not on my home system or I would look it up for you, however, if you can't find it in the media pane, can you simply put yout iDVD window in outline mode and drag your slideshow over into it from iPhoto?

worth a try. I'll give it a shot when i get home.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
That is one way, but what I don't think I was clear on is that the way you originally tried SHOULD work. I know I've done it before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.