iPhoto and importing photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anastasis, Jan 17, 2007.

1. anastasis macrumors member

When I connect my camera it wants to import everything. Is it possible to make iPhoto show what pictures are on the camera and choose which to bring down and which not to? It sucks if you have 500 photos on your camera and just want two of them.

2. hoggdogg macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, iPhoto will do all or none. :mad: If you camera has it's own software (Canon or Kodak??), you could use it to import to a seperate folder and then import that folder into iPhoto using File --> Import... :eek:

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

4. sahnert macrumors 6502

You can use Image Capture (in your Applications folder) to view the contents of your camera. From there you can choose to only download selected photos. I agree that this should be an option in iPhoto. Maybe '07?

Another alternative is to browse the contents of your camera in the finder. When you get to the folder with all of your recent pictures, select all and right-click (ctrl+click). You should see an option to view a slideshow of the photos. From the slideshow you can view all of your photos as a contact sheet and select certain ones to send to iPhoto.

5. anastasis thread starter macrumors member

The image capture sounds like a solution. As for browsing through Finder, when I plug my camera in, nothing shows up in the finder at all.