iPhoto and iTunes backup

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by homeshire, Jun 3, 2003.

1. homeshire macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2002
    Ohio, looking toward Germany
    forgive me if i try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone as i'm pretty sure iPhoto albums = iTunes playlists. i had recent experience with hosing my system and losing everything. don't want to go thru it again, so now i have all music files and picture files backed up. great. then i got to thinking, how do you back up the albums and all the comments in the info window in iPhoto? likewise playlists in iTunes? not that i know what i'm talking about, but are they not just xml files? since losing my system, i have done much to add comments to family history photos, etc. etc. and i consider them nearly as important as the photos themselves. thanks
  2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    i haven't tried backing up the iPhoto prefs like you say you want to, but you should be able to do so easily enough. just like the iTunes playlists are in your Home floder (either in "music" or "library") i'm guessing that you should be able to find the relevant iPhoto file in you Home directory somewhere. i'd help you out, but i'm Mac-less until the new PB's come out. you should be able to eventually find it though. :)