iPhoto and JPEG -- conflict

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Chad4Mac, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Chad4Mac macrumors 6502

Can any of you guys find the conflict?

I scanned 18 images on my Cannon scanner to my PC Desktop (I know, that's my first problem -- but I had too). I scanned the images using a pretty high 1000+ dpi, and then saved the images as high quality (8 quality on the photoshop "save as JPEG" menu), then burned the newly converted JPEG images to a disc using Easy CD Creator.

Of course I'd like to display, save, album these great photos in iPhoto. But as I drag the 18 images from the CD to iPhoto, or try to import the photos from the Finder, or import the images from a folder saved on the desktop, iPhoto unexpectedly closes -- everytime. It never lets me import these photos

I have imported the .psd converted images (changed from JPEG to .psd in Photoshop), but they are frecking huge files (almost 100 mbs) and handle very poorly in iPhoto.
    Never had a problem before, however, I always used my Sony memory stick mouse to import photos from my Camcorder/digital camera to iPhoto.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

Chad

2. Choppaface macrumors 65816

have you tried copying the the images to your desktop before dragging them into iPhoto?

I wonder if it's trying to reset the the file creators or something and then has a cow when its a read-only disk....although I've never used iphoto sorry

3. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

1000DPI.... f#$k me, what the hell are you printing... a imagine for people to view under a microscope?????

Maybe you should use a lower quality imagine and see what happens.