iPhoto and .Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Texas04, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Well, I dont have .mac because I have my own website, but I am tired of making a movie every time I want a slideshow type setting on my website. But iPhoto wont let me create slides with my photos unless I have .Mac. So is there a way or an app to make a slideshow for the web that i can publish? Or way to make iPhoto make the slideshow even though I dont have .mac?
    :confused:

2. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Is this true?? Maybe iPhoto has changed in this respect since I got my PB in May of 2004, but I distinctly remember having fun with slideshows right away, before I purchased a .mac membership. Is the problem creating slideshows, or exporting them once you've made them?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't have .Mac yet can create slideshows from the File menu and Export them as movies from the Share menu in iPhoto 5.0. :)

4. Texas04 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Its exporting them as slideshows on a webpage

I could, but that does not give the people a chance to really see the photos, and they have to wait for the whole movie to download if they want to see the pictures (Windows users, which most of my friends are)
    I just wanna simple slideshow, do u think if i take the code from a .mac page and put it my own url picture links it would work?