iPhoto and Photoshop CS

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zyuzin4, Oct 19, 2004.

1. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

Hi, I want to be able to edit photos in Photoshop CS, so I set double click photo to open in Adobe Photoshop by selecting the Adobe Photoshop CS program in my Adobe Photoshop CS folder. Now whenever I double click, Photoshop will open but the image will not load. I just get the toolbars and palettes and such.

On a related note, if I have an image in the finder and select "open with Adobe Photoshop CS" it will do this same thing...even with Photoshop already open...I have to actually go into the Open.. selection in Photoshop if I want any photos to load. Sounds like there might be something I'm missing on the Photoshop side of things?

Thanks in advance guys,
    Mike

2. scan300 macrumors 6502

You could try a safe boot, this will run disk utility (without having to boot from the CD) to repair any disk related errors that could cause this problem.

Restart and hold the SHIFT key down during the reboot process. The disk repair will run before you login, then you will see a startup window saying safe boot.

Double click a photoshop file to see if it's worked.

Reboot again WITHOUT SHIFT, to boot back into normal mode.

Run repair permissions from Utilities/Disk Utility if the above doesn't work.

3. zyuzin4 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks but holding shift just keeps rebooting my computer in a loop

4. scan300 macrumors 6502

Well it looks like you might have system/disk problems. Remove any periferals plugged in apart from keyboard and mouse and try the safe boot again. (Also run repair permissions before going further.)

If that fails:
    Boot off your install CD and run Disk Utility. Hopefully it will identify and repair your problems.

If that fails try some of the following:
    Zap pram: restart holding > Command Option Shift P R
    Remove software from suspected 'untrustworthy' vendors which you have installed about the same time as your problems occuring.
    Boot into single user mode and run fsck.
    Get a copy of Code Warrior and run that to diagnose/repair your disk problems.
    Reinstall your system.

5. PixelFactory macrumors regular

Strange, I have the exact same problem. Started happening to me on Monday.

scan300, did you mean Disk Warrior. I believe Code Warrior is a development tool.

6. scan300 macrumors 6502

7. zyuzin4 thread starter macrumors 6502

8. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

By now, drag the photo to the PS icon in the dock and you should be able to get it...

9. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I dunno if you're still having this problem but it just happened to me. You can fix it by re-installing photoshop CS.