iphoto and system preferences question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MUCKYFINGERS, Feb 17, 2006.

1. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

hi gang,
    so a few months ago i sent my ibook in for a logic board repair and backed up all my data. the genius at the genius bar told me if i just pasted my library folder back into the fresh install of OS X, it would transfer everything seemlessly. well, this was not true, but it worked alright. but one thing that has been bugging me is that when i go to system preferences under desktop and screen saver, my iphoto library appears below all the other apple images that OS X comes with. i can't set it to "change picture every xxx minutes" on my iphoto collection now because of this. can anyone help me solve this problem so i can have system preferences utilize these photos in my iphoto library as part of the "change picture every xxx minutes" command? thanks in advance. in case you're wondering, here is a picture of what is going on.

thanks in advance.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's the same on my Macs which makes me think it's probably unrelated to your reinstall. I'm not sure why it's set up this way though.

The only workaround I can think of is to select your photos from the Choose Folder option once you've exported them. Alternatively, you could wade through iPhoto's library in Finder and add them that way but I think it'd be a bit of a hassle. :eek:

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

OK, figured it out.

Open iPhoto and select all the photos you want to scroll through. Click the "Desktop" button. It will take a little while but System Preferences automatically opens with the pictures you chose in a folder called "iPhoto Selcetion" with all the options you want.

Damn I'm good....

4. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS