iPhoto book error: Please Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SpaceMagic, Feb 18, 2006.

1. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Hey all,

I was just constructing an iPhoto book for the first time and I've come across a problem i just don't know how to solve. Basically we've scanned in some pictures of our childhood so that we can make a book for our mommy on mother's day. Unfortunately when it comes to sending it says that there is a problem with one of the photos. However we have noticed that when the book is 'assembling' it makes the default beep of mistake on pages 7, 11, 21, etc randomly. Does this mean that the grammar of iPhoto's erroring system (that there is a problem with one of the photos) and that there is more than one error? Also what can the problem be?

Can someone please help us send this as we're on a time scale.

Yours gratefully,

SpaceMagic

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    What sort of error? Is it a resolution one - that's the only one I recall having seen when I click 'Buy'? Are there any yellow warning triangles on any of the pages of the book when you go through? If so, can you move those pictures around to make the problem one smaller?

3. SpaceMagic thread starter macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

there are quite a few resolution ones but cant we just ignore them and accept a low quality output? For example.. when i print those low quality ones even at A4 quality on my rubbishy printer they print well enough for us. must we get rid of all the triangles/problems?

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I wouldn't recommend leaving the warnings in there - I've got a couple of shots in an earlier book that were just 'off' the warning ( ie if I zoomed in a fraction more, up came the warning) and they are noticeably softer in the real book.

It might not be so much of an issue if they're old pictures that might be 'soft' anyhow but if there's anyway that you can re-arrange them so those images are at a smaller size, it would probably be worthwhile.

It shouldn't stop you sending the order though. It should just pop up a message telling you that some pics are off. If it does, then you could alter the plist (using Prefsetter) so that the dpi warning is set to less than 130 (the default)

5. SpaceMagic thread starter macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Well the plist prefs got rid of the triangles (am aware not rid of the low quality problem) but on rereading the message it appears to be a network problem:

Perhaps being on Campus (Bath Uni) they've blocked something. It does send all 20.3MB though and then says this. Which port is used to upload the iPhoto books?