iPhoto Book Vanished Pictures

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chameeeleon, Aug 11, 2005.

1. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

Alright, so I'd spent quite a while making a very long book in iPhoto of all of the digital photos that my family had taken throughout the past 2 years, and I finally went to order it tonight.
    Then, I come up to the computer later tonight (after the 90 minute cancellation period's ended, just my luck) and notice that when I click to see the full versions of some of the pages, there are blank spots where the photos are shown in the thumbnails.
    I quit iPhoto and reopened it, and the thumbnails still show the pictures being there, and I know I didn't delete any of them. Will the book print in accordance with the thumbnails, or the full pages? Given I didn't produce these changes, will Apple refund the book? Where do I contact them to cancel it now or do I have to wait until it arrives?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Have you tried doing a print - save to PDF on the book to see what happens?

Also try assembling the book to order again but before you hit the final order button, and use the instructions in this Apple thread to check out what the PDF going to Apple looks like.

You could get try to get in touch with Apple but sometimes they refer to email support rather than phone support for iPhoto books which means it will likely already be shipping.

3. chameeeleon thread starter macrumors 6502

The PDF file that would have been sent to the printer I have just learned includes the white spaces. I emailed iPhoto support and hopefully they will get back to me soon.