iPhoto Books and cards etc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ajo, Jan 28, 2006.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Hi Im new to this forum.

Im seriously thinking about getting a mac soon. Can you tell me about the books etc that you can order on iPhoto. I am in the UK so are they available and has anyone got any information on the prices.

Thanks

ajo

2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I believe that standard order for 23-page book is about 30 dollars. As far as shipping goes.. I just checked for you. It said that if you're in Europe, you can buy them, but it can only be shipped to somewhere within Europe that iPhoto services supports. I assume you'd order the book and then have it sent to yourself though which will be no problem at all. If you want to send it across seas, order it and have it sent to you first, then ship it again yourself out to wherever. You'll have no problems with any of it. Welcome to the mac world. :cool:

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Yes, they're available in the UK although the page on UK pricing seems to have disappeared from Apple's site.

From memory, the smallest size are £3 (but you have to order in multiples of 3 so £8.99), the medium size are £8.99 (?or around that) and the large size are £14.99 (softcover) and £19.99 (hardcover).

That gets you 20 pages (10 doublesided) and the additional pages are charged at a differing rate depending on book size. Postage is extra - it's about £2.50 for the large soft book or £4.99 for the large hardcover book.

Cards seem to be about £1.15 each (reduced by 10p when you get to 25 cards) plus £1.60 postage.

Prints start at 15p for a 6x4 and go up to £1.69 for an 8x12 - postage is £1.99 regardless of number of prints.

Calendars are £11.99 for 12 months plus £3.99 postage

The books (all that I've ordered) look very good and everyone that I've given one too has been very impressed. They take about 10 days from uploading one to having it delivered

4. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

That info is really usefull. Il probably be asking a lot more questions, im hopeing to get an imac in a few months time.

Thanks again

ajo

5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

It didn't click with me that I should have changed the number for you out of USD. However, applespider has more detailed notes about the prices than I did. Either way, you'll be extremely happy with your apple computer purchase, and iPhoto (along with the rest of the software).

6. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

I forgot to ask.

Is there any branding (apple or other) on the books and cards, and can you add your own logo etc.

Thanks

ajo

7. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

There's a small Made on a Mac on the back cover with the Apple logo but that's it on my medium book.

8. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you allowed to use the books and stuff other than for personal use (other than gifts etc) I cant see anything about this on the apple site.

Thanks

ajo

9. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Like what? I have a friend who uses one as a portfolio.

The only caveat on them so far as I can figure, is that the images etc are your own and not copyrighted. I suspect if you sent a book in which was full of papparazzi style pictures, they might refuse to print it. Or if you sent images which portrayed illegal activities.

But if you decided to get 50 cards of a certain design made and then sold them, I don't think it would be an issue.

The only thing that makes them slightly less professional is the 'Made on a Mac' logo on the inside back cover but I guess it's not a major showstopper.

10. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

Yeh really I ment just for giveaways etc. Nothing dodgy :)