iPhoto Books

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by R.Youden, Oct 9, 2006.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Hi,

Has anyone here ever had a book made in iPhoto? If so what is the quality like and what resolution of photos did you use. My girlfriend has just got back from a Safari trip in Kenya and I want to get her a book made as a surprise. She was using a 300D so I dont think the quality will be too bad.

Thanks

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I have made 4 and currently putting another one together...she will not be disappointed

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I got one for my photography and it was fantastic! I also used a 300d.:cool:

I didn't actually order it straight from Apple, I used a plugin so when you hit "Buy Book" in iPhoto it uploads it to this 3rd party publisher's site. The reason I used it was the 3rd party publisher has much higher quality prints. The book was gorgeous; and i'm glad I did it.

Oh! By the way..

All new-comers to that publisher get 50% off orders over $50 or 25% off orders over $25.

Here is the link.

Kevin

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

And bookmarked (not sure I want to use it). It would definitely come in handy for my Honeymoon pictures.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I hate your girlfriend...I always wanted to go on a safari ;)

6. HckySo macrumors 6502

HckySo

I was impressed at the good price, the easy order, the really fast shipment, the cute box it came in, and that I could make all the pages full size so I could make the full page in photoshop the way I wanted to. I didn't like how lame the front part is. It's just a sticker and the one I had the pictures was printed slightly sideways. I used their service to make my sister a nice highschool memory photobook that covered all the good pictures. It was worth it but if it was for myself I would have used an Italian photobook company or something.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the huge border, back in the day I thought it looked good. Plus the photoshop work in the book itself was in my amateur days.