iPhoto books

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidLeblond, Sep 22, 2004.

1. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

Jan 6, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    I was wondering if anyone has ever bought a book from iPhoto and if they could help me out with a few questions. Are the pages double sided? How long did it take you to get it? And what was the overall quality of it?

Thanks a ton.
  2. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I ordered a couple books as christmas presents two years ago. The quality of the binding was excellent, but I wasn't as impressed with the prints themselves. I'd say they had about a 120 linescreen--better than newspaper quality but not quite magazine quality. The color fidelity was great, and the layouts themselves are very nice, with full bleeds, the whole nine yards. The recipients were VERY happy with them, but perhaps they're not as picky as I am (they are both in their eighties!).

IIRC the pages are not double sided, which is good because, say, a ten-page book would look rather skimpy, with only five sheets of paper.
  3. New Guy macrumors member

Apr 15, 2002
    Last year my wife and I bought 3 books as Christmas presents for family members. Overall we were happy with the quality. I was a little disappointed with the way the images appeared on the page. I was expecting something more akin to what my home photo printer could produce. In reality it looks more like a color laser print. The people we gave the books to, however, were overwhelmed. They had never seen or been given a book like that. It was filled with pictures of my 1 year old daughter and a poem my wife wrote. My mother and other-in-law actually cried.

I think it is a little expensive for what you get but overall I am happy with the product.