iPhoto Categories

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by soundmann18, Apr 13, 2005.

1. soundmann18 macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2005
    Hey- I have a bunch of pictures in iPhoto, many from a trip I took to Alaska. They are sorted into Albums by event (i.e. One Album of Denali, one of Fishing, etc.). I want to put all the Albums into a category with all the pictures still in the subfolders. Is there a way to do this? Thanks
  2. munkle macrumors 68030

Aug 7, 2004
    On a jet plane
    I think it's only possible if you're using iPhoto '05.
  3. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

Oct 26, 2003
    Richmond, VA
    in iPhoto '05 you can assign photos to keywords. Just create some new keyword categories in the prefrences. Then click on the key in the bottom left corner of iPhoto, and it'll bring up all of your keywords. next drag the pics (or group of pics) into a keyword and it'll assign that word to that pic. Then you can set up a smart folder based on this new criteria (e.g. vacation pics taken after feb 05, with keyword alaska, but not with keyword intoxicated, to make a folder of your vacation pics that you could then email to your mother :D )
  4. soundmann18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2005
    cool thanks - next step - get iPhoto 5 ... I'll have to do that at some point
  5. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2004
    way out in the sticks
    Yes, but you know how in iPhoto 5 at the top you have "Library" with a grey triangle next to it? If you click the triangle, under it you find a few subfolders: "early photos, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, etc."

How do you make those type of subfolders underneath an album? So beside and album you created, a grey triangle will appear and you can place other folders under it?