iPhoto continually says "loading"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kyle Nerder, May 29, 2006.

1. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

My iPhoto continually says "loading".

I have tried rebuilding the library. I have removed the app and all it's library and preference files. I have reinstalled both version 5 and 6 and still the same thing.

I am chasing my tail on this.

2. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I've had a similar problem, but it always seems to go away on its own. I believe I've just had to restart iPhoto and it works. It's quite irritating, I can only imagine how bad this is...

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If you open a new user account, do you get the same problems? Also, do you have a camera or something plugged into your Mac as you try opening iPhoto? :)

4. Kyle Nerder thread starter macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

No Camera was or is attached. I have attempted to start new libraries and still nothing. It just continually says "loading".

Even if it works under another user name, I need it to work under my account.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, but trying to start it on a new user is a good troubleshooting technique. It might help narrow down where the problem may lie. Plus, data can be transferred between accounts relatively easily. :)

6. Kyle Nerder thread starter macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

A new user account didn't help. I got the same "loading" message.

Stupid iBook G3 700mhz with no ability to run iPhoto 6. I even tried to installed as a target disk.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I've never had a G3 so I can't check, but maybe it's just because you don't quite meet the system requirements. :(

8. timmac macrumors member

When I had this problem, I had to recreate my library.

First, quit iphoto. Then, copy your library to another location. Then, delete the original location. I then restarted iphoto and pointed it to the new library (it will ask you for a location when it starts). I then quit iphoto, and moved the new library back to the location of my original library. Restart iphoto, and point it to the new location for the new library (which is the original location).

There's probably a simpler way to do it, but that's what I did.

9. Kyle Nerder thread starter macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

I did this. But once I deleted the library and rebooted iPhoto, I selected "create new library" and then it still said "loading" what a pain.

I'm guessing no one else has been through this to this extent.

10. Kyle Nerder thread starter macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

I finally have iphoto running again. But now my problem is when I click on a photo to enlarge it, the edit version of the photo never shows up. I just have a black white background. The same thing happens if I try to edit it in full screen.

iPhoto is important. I never realized until it died.