iphoto crashes need help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by biohazard6969, Mar 6, 2005.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok, i posted a reply in the beach ball thread a while ago and i did all the suggestions that people said, repairing permissions, rebooting, running fsck, and it still does the same thign. the problem is that when i open iphoto 5.0.1 it gets the beach ball and never loads the photos, slows down the whole system to almost a stall, and then it "unexpectedly quits" and everything speeds up again.....nothing will fix this, i wonder if i can just reinstall only iphoto from the ilife install disc, or if i have to reinstall everything, i dont' even know if this would be the right thing to do, reinstalling iphoto....neways plz help me i hate it when i get problems like this
    why can't technology just WORK for once lol

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

If you want to reinstall you can do that

When you insert the CD you should have a Custom setting in the installation and you can untick the other programs and just leave iPhoto to install

As for the strange behavior im not sure whats wrong, maybe someone else can help you with that and save you removing it

3. biohazard6969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

ok i did all that and reinstalled it....TWICE, and it works ok now, but i can't get all my photo's back into iphoto, when i try to import them it says that the following files aren't recognised, or something like that