iPhoto Date Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slackersonly, Aug 3, 2006.

1. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

When I uploaded all my photos to iPhoto it put them in the 'Library' but also put them in subfolders by year.

1. How can I move them from say 2005 to 2006 as alot in 2005 are from 2006? Drag and drop doesnt work.

2. How do I keep iPhoto from putting new pictures into 2005 as it seems to be doing?

2. reh macrumors 6502a

It's getting the dates from info stored with the picture (EXIF data). Perhaps the date on your camera is wrong.

3. slackersonly thread starter macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

i did turn off the feature on my camera that puts the date actually on the photo. is that the problem? or is it the date the camera thinks it is regardless of whether it puts it on the photo?

also, any ideas on my #1 question?

4. reh macrumors 6502a

Your camera needs to be set to the proper date, regardless of whether it's actually printed on the image.

For changing the location of images already in iPhoto, select a photo and press the "i" button in the lower-left corner of the window. Just change the date field to the proper date. iPhoto will automatically move the photo to the correct year album.

Edit: I should note that I was using iPhoto version 5.

5. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Even if the date in your camera is wrong, you can change the date of the picture itself in iphoto. Click the photo and on the left in the info box, simply put the correct date.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Too bad changing the date in iPhoto doesn't save the change in the EXIF data of the photo. I mean, if you ever import that photo into iPhoto again, the old date will still be there in the EXIF data,

If you want to permanently fix the problem, there's a program called PhotoInfo or something (I forget exactly) that will let you change the date in your EXIF data. I used to have this problem when importing my gf's photos into iPHoto because the date on her camera was set wrong, and she didn't seem to care. The camera language was in Mandarin or Taiwanese or something, so I couldn't go in and change it myself. :eek: