Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fourbin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
In iPhoto I have all of my photos organized in albums. However when I want to delete one of those albums, I have to delete the album then sort through my library of over 4,000 photos to delete the originals. Is there anyway to delete the album and have it delete the original in the main Library at the same time? Such a hassle!

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Doctor Q said:
Does apple+option+delete do that you want?

:cool: thanks. This has always bugged me too. There should be an option just like iTunes that says remove this image from the album or the library.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
FredClausen said:
Straight from my first link :)
Yes, that's where I got it.

I'm asking if it actually works, i.e., if it deletes the library copy when you apply it to a photo in an album, so that we don't leave a tip here if it doesn't do what's wanted.

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Yes, I just tried it and it works. It deletes the photo from the library and the album. You can find the picture in iPhoto's trash.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Hooray! I can use this timesaver too. I've done that back-and-forth trip between a photo album and the Library to permanently delete a photo, and this will be much easier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.