iPhoto Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gala, Dec 2, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I open up iPhoto and get an error message saying it can't located photo A (for example) it gives me "find photo" or "cancel". If I hit cancel it then goes to another error saying cannot located photo B. This process goes on for each and every photo. I'm assuming it's searching my iPhoto Library file and can't find what it's looking for.

This has happened to me in the past and I just overwrote the iPhoto Library file with a previously backed up version and it worked fine up until yesterday. Any advice on how to prevent this from happening again or if this is a sign of a larger underlying issue with my Macbook or iPhoto program?

2. flynz4, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012

macrumors 68040

I am curious... do you go poking around in the iPhoto library or wherever you store the photos? This is the type of issue I would not expect if you always let iPhoto manage the photos... and if you only access the media via iPhoto.

/Jim

3. thread starter macrumors regular

No but I do use an external HDD as a Time Machine backup and I wonder if the multiple iPhoto Libraries confuse it when it's looking

4. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

Hmm...tunes, iTunes. Photos, iPhoto. [​IMG]

5. macrumors 68040

LOL... thanks for the correction. I updated my post. I'll blame my mistake on much discussion on iTunes over the past few days.

/Jim

----------

Neither Time Machine nor multiple iPhoto libraries would be a problem. It seems like your database might be confused on where the photos are stored. Typically, that happens when people manually poke around in their library.

Sorry... I do not know why you are getting this error.

/Jim