iphoto freezes on book upload

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hollowlift, Jul 10, 2005.

1. hollowlift macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2005
    hey guys, here's the deal:

i've had two iphoto books made with apple in the past. am trying to upload another one today and it keeps freezing during the info upload to apple. it assembles fine, looks like it's working fine, then stalls out at around 0-60k into the upload. the program doesnt freeze, it just stalls uploading. i can't imagine it's anything wrong with the book as i have had the same one printed with them before. and the file is only 36mb. i've tested my internet connection and it's working properly. nothing has really changed on my end. i emailed apple about it but i'm assuming they will be little help. any ideas?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Have a read of the Apple discussion boards and you'll find the answer (but I'll give you it here too) ;)

There's (yet another) bug in iPhoto 5.0.2 where it appears that the upload has stalled at 64K but in actual fact, it is merrily uploading in the background.

Try uploading it again - but go into Activity Monitor (in your Utility folder in Applications) and click on the Network Tab. You'll be able to watch a lot of data being sent until iPhoto tells you that the order has been accepted.

Incidentally, you might want to have a quick check of your preference file and change the BookDPI to 300 to ensure better quality - according to the bods on the discussion boards, it can make a huge difference to the quality (and unfortunately the file size). Check my post 13 in this thread for details of how to do it.